Thursday, April 14, 2016

Teachers

I've had a lot of education and a lot of teachers throughout my time. There was one year in high school where I had to do write a lot of poems. So one of them I wrote for my teacher who was a big lady ad rather scared me. You'll feel the fear coming from the poem.

Walking in, feeling scared, wanting to pee
This evil teacher is going to try to kill me.

Holding tight to my desk, waiting for the bell
Wiping the sweat from my brow, this surely has to be like hell.

Shaking with fear, she picks on me, I squeal “E-Gaz!”
Hearing my hesitation she yells, “Read SPAZ!”

This is no class; this is no fun
Wincing whenever she speaks, always wanting to run.

I jump when I hear the bell, for I am free
Until, “Write a ten page essay and turn it into me.”

This is just horrible, how can it be any worse
Until she tells me to write one more verse.

I’m at home and I am still shaking, can I ever be free?
My English teacher scares the shit out of me.

I wouldn't say I have had one teacher that has really motivated me to become something better. Or a mentor that inspired me to do something great. But to all my teachers who made me feel of worth, I say thank you. I may not become the next president, a famous movie actor or anyone really of worth. But, you have influenced my life in ways that I can never repay. Thank you for all the nights you stayed up late grading assignments or making plans for a lesson to teach. Thank you for putting up with all the sarcastic comments I have made. And thank you for helping me believe in myself. And finally, don't judge me if I have typos. I couldn't english then and I can't english now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment