Monday, April 4, 2016

#LDSconf

The most I have ever participated in this hash tag was last general conference with this beloved photo and caption coined from the family friendly film, Straight Out of Compton.
(If you listen to the song titled "Straight out of Compton" my words comment matches up with the first few lines. Just saying)
I was quite proud of this post, I was participating in a light hearted way. It allowed me to be able to say I was a online missionary and shared the gospel all while being a striaght thug while wearing a Mr. Rogers sweater. My last blog post was about participating in the Easter hash tag so of course  my teacher made us participate in the general conference hashtag. (I wanted to say she "invited" us to participate but when a grade is at stake, it's more forceful and less inviting.) I jumped into the trending hash tag with this tweet.
I hate to admit, but this is 100% true. I don't remember anything else besides this. It might be because I played a Star Wars app on my phone the whole 4 hours of the Saturday session but that is besides the point. And when priesthood session rolled around, I heard the perfect quote that belonged on my facebook wall. Hopefully my girlfriend didn't take this personally otherwise, I'll have to update my status to single pretty soon. 
It actually got a lot more notice than I thought it would. I was quite happy with this post because I was able to deliver a powerful quote and also lighten it up with my humor. Some people are able to bare their testimonies on social media but part of me doesn't feel comfortable doing that yet. This tweet I was a little more sincere and a little more heartfelt.
 The honest reasoning for this post was two reasons. One, I wanted to get retweeted by @ldschurch. I see them retweeting peoples posts all day long. And a lot of them, in my opinion, are not worthy of a like. The second reason was I needed to have three posts participating in the hash tag. And this closed the book for that assignment. Maybe because I had these not-so Godly motivations I didn't get retweeted or even three likes? But, I could use my own advice in this post. My posts don't need to be perfect to be worthy of being noticed, generating good or sharing the gospel. I shared my belief in a simple way. I shared the gospel in a simple way. God doesn't need us to have millions of followers and millions of likes, shares and comment in order to spread His word. He knows we are going to be scared. He knows that kids like me will share His word through humor. And that's okay. We don't need to be perfect to be worthy of His love. Who knows, if you participate He might even bless you by mentioning you in conference.
(He was talking about his dad Paul, but, I'll take credit either way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment